Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Summer Waders-Launching Place





I just whipped this picture up. I fell in love with the colors and reflections in the river. The two people are Teone, my daughter and Jazz her friend. The photo was taken by Laura on Teone's camera. Thanks to the kids I had this ace reference.

I started the picture concentrating on the lights and darks. Then focused on the patterns in the river of colors and shapes.

I finshed the pictureconcentrating on the girls. I love to depict the highlights and try to make sure the figures look animated.

I hope other people like the mystery of the far bank. To me, it was like a magical place, full of shadows and light. Anything could happen on the bank of the river.

5 comments:

Wendi. S. said...

You got a smile from me Kay. Your colours are just lovely as usual and content is great. Well done. XX

magicmyst said...

Thanks Wendi, like your style.

Holly Zemak said...

Love the colors, my eye goes directly to the girls and than the shadowed portion of the bank. The whole composition works well. I'm going to get to work on some pastels!

magicmyst said...

I am glad to hear I have inspird you to do some pastel work.

gianlucio said...

Hello Kay, thanks to holly I could see your blog, the paintings are beautiful, you have a good technique.
Ciao