Saturday, March 6, 2010

Three little gangsters


How cool is this. One of my friends who lives in Sydney came down for my 40th birthday, quite a while ago now. The theme was 1920s. She has four boys and they all dressed up in gangster outfits. I took many pictures of them all and painted a picture of my son with two of her boys. She really liked the painting so I sent it up to her this year. She just sent me an email with the pictures in a choice of two frames. I liked this one the best. The framing shop must be able to scan the picture into the computer and then add the look of the mount and frame, so you have a clear idea of the finished product.

I haven't come across a framing shop in Melbourne with this facility yet. Looks like Sydney is one up on us Melbournians.

4 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

What a great picture and keepsake of these guys. You did a great job creating the moody atmosphere of a "speakeasy" in the 1920's. Wow, what a great idea for framing! I'll have to see if we have that here.

magicmyst said...

Thanks Catherine. The party was something I'll never forget.

Holly Zemak said...

I like this idea also. Have not seen it around here but I am not up on all this stuff. The frame works so well with your piece.

magicmyst said...

Hi Holly, it is very clever. I thought that this would be in full use in America. I wish it were something available around here. Kay