Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A game of cricket!


Okay, my previous blog of the work in progress just got stuck. I may go back to it at a later date. This picture of aboriginal children holding a cricket bat is my latest work. They are so animated and full of personality. Once again I have to credit the source of the reference to a friend Lyndal Alston. She is a fabulous photographer and was able to capture so much liveliness.

I really enjoyed the colors in this picture and I had a lot of fun with the animation of the central figure.

6 comments:

Wendi. S. said...

Youre doing some amazing work, Kay !!
This is really animated. Love it.

magicmyst said...

Thanks Wendi. The kids are really animated. I think they would be quite cheeky.

Jez said...

Looks great kay, you captured heaps of joy and mischeviousness there!

magicmyst said...

Thanks Jade, yes that was the intention. Kay

Holly Zemak said...

You are tackling some hard subject matter and doing a great job with it. There is a movement to this piece that might be coming from your energetic strokes. Thanks for the inspiration!

magicmyst said...

Thanks again Holly. Kay