Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Clowning around



Hi, you must know by now how much I love clowns. I think it is because they are so emmotive. Their acts are always exaggerated comedy, tradgedy etc. So, knowing that I am enthralled with clowns, imagine how delighted I was to be able to see a clown act at the Royal Melbourne show last week. We went on a beautiful spring day, which was very lucky as it rained for the rest of the week. This is a preliminary sketch for a painting I intend on depicting.

2 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Great start for the upcoming painting. You've really captured the energy and mood of these two lovely characters.

Holly Zemak said...

Looking forward to see the finished piece. You pick out interesting subjects and I am sure it will be bright and colorful. It has been a while since I was at a circus, but a live performance is special. I don't know what is more fun, the performance or the people watching.